PRE AND POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Ziering Medical has developed the following pre and post-treatment instructions. Please read and follow them carefully. They are intended to help you maximize the result of your procedure.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM:
- VITAMIN E
- AND OR BLOOD THINNERS
FOR 5 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR SESSION.
Should you experience any discomfort, you may take an aspirin-free medication such as regular or extra- strength Tylenol.
- DO NOT take the pain medication while driving, working or operating any machinery due to possible drowsiness.
- DO NOT take any medications that contain ASPIRIN for 10 days.
Slight bleeding or oozing may occur from the treated area; this is completely normal and will subside within 24 hours.
- Allow the area to be open to the air as much possible (NO PROLONGED SUN EXPOSURE FOR 6 WEEKS)
- Slight redness/tenderness can occur following the procedure this typically lasts up to three days
- AVOID saunas, swimming, hot tubs and chlorine, (chlorine can generally speed up the fading in the area treated), NO harsh chemical procedures done directly on the treated area for 4 weeks following your procedure.
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area following the procedure.
- AVOID the use of Minoxidil, Formula Z82, or Rogaine directly on to the treated area for 4 weeks following the procedure.
Scalp Micropigmentation may require two procedures for optimal results and refinement. Scabbing is a normal part of the healing process and it is not uncommon for some of the pigment to scale off with the scabbing. It is common to retain 70-80% of the pigment while the 20-30% may be exfoliated with the scabs. A second treatment for optimal results should be scheduled 6 – 8 weeks post procedure.
- For 3 days after your procedure, refrain from any strenuous activities that would increase your blood pressure, i.e. jogging, stretching and weightlifting. When picking up items from the floor, bend at the knees while keeping your back straight to avoid having your head go below the level of your heart.
- Gels, moisturizers and oils may be used after 10 days. Hair coloring products should not be used until 4-5 weeks after procedure.
Do not wash the treated area the day of your procedure; You may begin to wash the area with non-alcoholic based shampoo 3 days after your procedure. Avoid using any shampoo which may contain alcohol for 2 weeks after the procedure.
Swelling/Reusable Ice Pack: Use only if needed
Swelling is part of the healing process. The degree of swelling varies with each patient from mild to pronounce. To minimize the degree of swelling you should do the following:
- Apply ice packs, wrapped in a clean cloth as frequently as possible below or above the eyebrows, above or below the facial hair zones.
- If significant swelling persists after 3 days, discontinue the ice and use warm compresses.
- It is optional to sleep with your head elevated at 45 degree angle for 3 nights following your procedure. This can be done by using at least three pillows supporting your back and neck in bed. You may also use a travel pillow.
All permanent cosmetic procedures will initially appear larger, brighter, or darker than what is expected for the desired final outcome. It will take time for this transition, based on how quickly the outer layer of your skin exfoliates. PHOTOS WILL BE TAKEN DAY OF YOUR PROCEDURE AND IMMEDIATELY AFTER TO TRACK YOUR RESULTS
Procedure results will last 20 – 36 months varying on skin type and chemical products used daily on scalp.
If redness, excessive swelling, blistering or excessive bruising occurs contact our office at