PLATELET RICH PLASMA – PRP HAIR LOSS TREATMENT
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy is used in hair restoration as a stand-alone hair loss treatment and in conjunction with other non-surgical and surgical treatment plans. PRP is created from your own blood, which is comprised of red and white blood cells along with platelets, and is used to stimulate hair regrowth with dormant or newly transplanted hair. PRP is concentrated blood plasma which contains three to five times the number of platelets found in normal circulating blood and transforming growth factors. The PRP is spun at high speed, resulting in higher concentrations of your platelets and growth factors. Using a thin needle, your own Platelet Rich Plasma is injected into the balding and thinning areas on your scalp. PRP contains platelet derived growth factor (PDGF), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), transforming growth factor (TGF) and other bioactive proteins that aid in wound healing and as a safe and effective hair loss treatment for men and women battling hair loss.
PRP Hair Regrowth Factors Include:
- Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF)—promotes blood vessel growth, cell replication, skin formation
- Transforming Growth-Factor-Beta (TGF-b)—promotes growth of matrix between cells, bone metabolism
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF)—promotes blood vessel formation
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF)—promotes cell growth and differentiation, blood vessel formation, collagen formation
- Fibroblast Growth Factor-2 (FGF-2)—promotes growth of specialized cells and blood vessel formation
- Insulin Like Growth Factor – (IGF)—a regulator of normal physiology in nearly every type of cell in the body
PRP Hair Restoration Procedure
PRP Hair Restoration procedures are non-invasive outpatient procedures performed in our hair restoration clinics and take between 45 minutes to an hour. The procedure involves drawing a small sample of your blood into a test tube. Then, the sample is processed in a centrifuge at high speeds to separate the platelets and other blood components, creating the platelet-rich plasma. A platelet activator, calcium chloride, is added. The PRP, which contains many growth factors, is then placed into syringes and re-injected into the area(s) of hair thinning or hair loss. Local anesthesia is offered to patients prior to the actual injections. After the initial injections, the next treatment is recommended at 6 months and then 12 months.
To further enhance this process, PRP, which contains large numbers of Adult Stem Cells, can be mixed with the ACell before it is administered. This premixing allows us to skip the step of waiting for the Stem Cells to migrate to the injection site, and speeds up its therapeutic action.
This is just one of the cutting edge technologies used by Ziering Medical to proactively treat hair loss with non-surgical options and to ensure the maximum level of success in hair transplants.
READY FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER OF YOUR LIFE?